Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed...

I tried...I tried a blog before, and it just didn't work. I took a break and never returned.

Oops.

So now I'm trying again. I'm going to try to visit the blogoshpere weekly (note that I said "try") and give way to my rambling thoughts. Because, well, let's be honest here: I do ramble.

And, really, there are plenty of things to ramble about. There's a lot going on in the world to sound off on. But that's not what I want to chat about. I mean, honestly, do I want to spend my time obsessing about all the wrong that is going on out there? Do I want to write things that make people angry, or bring them down? Hmmm....let me think for a seco-NO!

There is far too much good in the world to focus on the bad. The problem is, we let ourselves get bogged down by the bad (at least I tend to). And, yes, there is something to be said for talking about the bad things. After all, if we never acknowledge them how are we going to stop them? But this blog is not the place for that. So if that is what you were looking for, well, I'm sorry. You will just have to navigate yourself away from here. If you are, on the other hand, looking for a place of exploration and retrospecton, rambling thoughts and daydreams, all mixed together with just a pinch of fairy dust, well then...you are in the right place!

And so I leave you (for now!) with a quote from Shel Silverstein. He has written what I wish to express:

If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!







Psalm 150






3 comments:

  1. Stephie-
    So happy to see you back!
    I missed your beautiful words.
    I love you-
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be famous. Well, to me you already are :) The world isn't lucky enough to ready your stuff...yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Steph!!! You have a beautifully creative mind. You are truly blessed. Even more good work is being done by you. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete