Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ode to the Blank Screen

I have had a bad case of Writer's Block lately.  I see it written that way in my head, too.  Capital W.  Capital B.  The blank screen looms in front of me and forces me to type a sentence, which never seems quite right, and is consequently erased.  And so, after dinner with my parents and inspiration from my dad I present: Ode to the Blank Screen.



The little battery icon drains and I can feel my spirit begin to drain with it.


My forehead becomes my battle ram for which to hit
the desk, my computer: the keyboard, the screen



The blankness is enough to make me scream!



I sigh, I cry, I talk to my friends -
I make my way to the refrigerator, AGAIN.



What's up on Facebook?  Is someone on Twitter?
I'm sure there's something on Google that I can look for.

No!  Back to the screen, blank though it may be -
There may be some way to figure out how to make it reflect me.


So I think now I have finally come to
a decision on the 365 Project I'll do:


Thanks to Leaha and, of course, Mama and Dad
Project 365 will include my pen and notepad.

From now for a year, everyday will I write
whether it be in a journal, a notebook, my planner, online.

So please wish me luck to battle the Writer's Block Beast
and to have 365 new pages, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment